13 December, 2005

You gotta leave the house if you wanna get X.

I decided not to leave the house yesterday. This is the result of the last several Mondays I did leave the house, during which either a) I decided that leaving the house had been a bad idea or b) I ran into a friend who had been though such a horrible day that it seemed like leaving the house had been a bad idea.

Given this track record, staying home seemed like a good idea, even if it did mean missing the Monday Burger Club at Ohio Street Station again. Also, I was tired. Getting back into the swing of the night life, baby meant that I was out too late, doing too much again, but it looks like I'm not ready for it yet. Chuck Berry has a song about this kind of thing.

Kirby's post, specifically the section about how he won't be able to find an overseas magazine he likes, reminds me that the Fox Cities are lacking a decent alternative bookstore. Kirby, take a look at that link. I'm sure they'll have a lot of stuff you're into, and they can probably put it all in a box and mail it to you. But it doesn't change the fact that there's nowhere to find a decent zine within a half-hour drive of Oshkosh.

p.s. to Beth, Adam, and everyone else who makes Sundays the best night of the week to hear live music in Oshkosh...I keep tryin' to get down there but keep failin'. My fingers are crossed for the 18th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home